5 Ways To Win Your Personal Injury Case
Accidents can and do happen, and when you've been injured due to no fault of your own you should be aware of some ways to ensure that you have a successful outcome in your personal injury case.
Most personal injury cases are settled with the insurance company of the at-fault party. They typically won't even go to trial. So let's discuss the ways to help win and get the maximum payout you’re entitled to.
- Keep detailed records of pain and suffering. As time passes you may not have as many details fresh in your memory about where and precisely when the pain started. The injuries may be in several areas of your body and you will likely have other events going on, such as car repairs and dealing with the disruption to your daily routine which make it difficult to recall all details as time passes. A ”pain diary” is recommended to keep all your notes in one place.
- Go to your doctor or a hospital for a thorough examination, and be sure they are aware of the incident that caused the injury. The extent of your injuries is best determined by your healthcare provider. Medical tests, records and costs will all be taken into consideration when the value of the claim is determined. It’s vital that you take their advice to not only heal but to also help your case.
- Be aware of any witnesses if applicable. Eyewitness details become extremely important especially when there’s been an auto accident. When there is any doubt as to who’s at fault or if there’s a conflict in the stories of those involved, witness testimony can make all the difference. Police reports will be taken at the scene if the injury is from an auto accident.
- Do not discuss details with anyone who contacts you unless directed to do so by your attorney. The other party’s insurance company may try to contact you and seek information. Unless your attorney authorizes you to speak to them do not do so. The insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little out as possible. Your attorney will have your best interest at front and center and will be your representative throughout the process.
- Hire an experienced attorney. Though claims can be settled without legal representation it’s advisable to have an attorney on your side as you negotiate the worth of your claim. They will know what information is needed and will take on the burden of dealing with the detailed paperwork. Dealing with the insurance companies on your own can result in lessening the value of your case or even losing your case altogether.
The experienced team at Alexander Law Group, PLC has the first-hand knowledge of how to maximize your payout so that you’ll be sure to get what your case is worth. We will handle the details so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Contact us today for a consultation (804) 271-1969.